Today’s dental sessions require an exhaustive knowledge of products, instruments, and equipment. Our profession has changed and grown to a level that continually challenges us to recognize new advances in
Today’s dental sessions require an exhaustive knowledge of products, instruments, and equipment. Our profession has changed and grown to a level that continually challenges us to recognize new advances in technology and their use in dentistry. The process of care (assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, implementation and evaluation) requires us to understand what these products are, how to use them, contemporary treatment options, how to implement the procedures, and evaluate what is and what is not working for us as individuals and clinicians. We will discuss communication styles and motivational hints to bring acceptance of the challenges of the new era of dental hygiene therapy and dental treatment to our patients and team members.
• Recognize improvements to products used by dental professionals
• Select materials and products for dental hygiene therapy, oral cancer screening, patient communication, and instrumentation
• Discuss diagnosis assistance with employers and rationale for changes in assessment forms and diagnostic tools
• Recognize various ergonomic options available to provide increased quality of care
• Communicate effectively with patients and assist in the business of the dental practice
• Recognize and evaluate changes to implement in the dental office
• Discuss strategies to incorporate efficiency in patient treatment for a more productive dental hygiene schedule
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health designates this activity for 4 continuing education credits.
Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health is a proud member of the Association for Continuing Dental Education
(Saturday) 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
ATSU - Mesa Campus
5850 E Still Circle, Mesa, AZ 85206
Continuing Dental EducationOrthodontic Dept.
Comments are closed.