Sponsored by the Orthopedic Physical Therapy Residency program at A.T. Still University in conjunction with the Physical Therapy Department in the Arizona School of Health Sciences. The Orthopedic Physical Therapy Residency
Sponsored by the Orthopedic Physical Therapy Residency program at A.T. Still University in conjunction with the Physical Therapy Department in the Arizona School of Health Sciences.
The Orthopedic Physical Therapy Residency program is accredited by the American Board of Physical Therapy Residency & Fellowship Education (ABPTRFE).
Course Instructor: John Woolf , MS, PT, ATC, COMT
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- How to better understand the science of pain
- How to translate the pain science into a story that you can share with your client
- How to explain to clients why they hurt in ways that others have not been able to explain
- How to recognize a client who has a hyper sensitized nervous system
- How to approach a chronic pain patient
- How to create realistic and reasonable goals for a “pain patient”
- How to establish a therapeutic alliance with your client around the diagnosis
- How to establish a treatment plan that maximizes adherence
CEU: Participants are awarded .8 CEUs or 8 contact hours at the end of the course.
Cost: $195; $160 for ATSU Alumni and current Clinical Instructors
ATSU Physical Therapy Department is qualified to provide physical therapist continuing education courses and activities according to the Arizona State Board of Physical Therapy (Rule R4-24-402).
CEU courses and other post-professional programs offered at ATSU are not associated with the CAPTE accredited residential Doctor of Physical Therapy program.
(Saturday) 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
ATSU - Mesa Campus
5850 E Still Circle, Mesa, AZ 85206
Orthopedic Physical Therapy Residencycmanton@atsu.edu | firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed.