Course Description This course will present information regarding a variety of technological applications to dentistry. Text2Floss and pH2OH are two mobile applications (“apps”) designed to facilitate oral health education. Participants will
This course will present information regarding a variety of technological applications to dentistry. Text2Floss and pH2OH are two mobile applications (“apps”) designed to facilitate oral health education. Participants will learn how these innovations can provide oral health education while engaging patients in their own well-being. Laser applications to clinical dentistry continue to expand. In addition to a review of basic laser science, use of lasers in postoperative tissue management and fluorescent technologies to support oral cancer screenings will be discussed
- Describe the relationships between salivary testing, oral pH, and oral infections.
- Discuss potential advantages for patient oral and systemic health provided by healthcare “apps”.
- Discuss research that supports the use of text-based health messaging.
- Explain advanced toothbrushing technology and techniques and how they can assist the dental
- professional in providing effective patient support and maintenance.
- Describe basic laser science and some applications to dentistry.
- Explain the components of a laser training program.
- Describe how laser science can assist with oral cancer screening.
Course Instructors: Dr. Tony Hashemian, DDS and Dr. Robert Levine, DDS
CEU: 3 Continuing Education Credits
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health designates this activity for 3 continuing education credits.
Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health is a proud member of the Association for Continuing Dental Education
(Friday) 8:30 am - 11:30 am
ATSU - Mesa Campus
5850 E Still Circle, Mesa, AZ 85206
Continuing Dental EducationOrthodontic Dept.
Comments are closed.