This is a repeating eventaugust 15, 2019 8:58 pm
This course is designed to improve the knowledge and understanding of medicolegal aspects of concussion. Athletic trainers in all settings who work with athletes suffering from concussions should have a
This course is designed to improve the knowledge and understanding of medicolegal aspects of concussion. Athletic trainers in all settings who work with athletes suffering from concussions should have a thorough understanding of the medicolegal aspects of these cases. Understanding the current landscape of concussion legislation, knowing how to analyze best practice guidelines, and how to incorporate concussion management protocols into practice are proactive ways the practicing athletic trainer can work to mitigate the risk of litigation. This presentation will cover these topics with the following objectives:
The specific objectives for this course include the development of the participant’s ability to:
- Describe the current landscape of concussion legislation
- Discuss basic legal terminology
- Analyze the importance of best practice guidelines in concussion management to prevent potential litigation
- Incorporate current concussion management protocols into medical practice to prevent potential litigation
- Review current litigation trends
According to the education levels described by the PDC, this continuing education course is considered to be Essential Level, and is appropriate for all athletic trainers.
(1.25 Category A CEUs – FREE)
Year Around Event (2019)
Continuing Education - Athletic TrainingCailee Bacon Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Kaylynn Murphy Email: email@example.com
Comments are closed.