Zoom information will be sent to Participants on Wednesday May 19th. For any question about the course please email Cassie Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org Course Description: The goal of this one-day
Zoom information will be sent to Participants on Wednesday May 19th. For any question about the course please email Cassie Reynolds at email@example.com
The goal of this one-day virtual course is to demystify the processes of physical therapy examination, evaluation and intervention in the comprehensive care of individuals with multiple sclerosis (MS). The course will cover the most current evidence and practice in the management of MS. The course will involve lecture, discussion, and video patient case studies for application and implementation in the clinic.
At completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the etiology, epidemiology, pathophysiology, signs and symptoms, diagnosis, and course of MS.
- Describe elements of the medical management of persons with MS (pwMS).
- Identify and describe the examination procedures used to inform the evaluation of pwMS to establish the physical therapy diagnosis, prognosis, and plan of care.
- Describe the role of the physical therapist in the management of pwMS in terms of direct interventions and patient/client-related instruction to maximize function and quality of life.
- Discuss common concerns of pwMS and identify community resources for this population.
Maria Rundell, PT, DPT
- Board Certified Specialist in Neurologic Physical Therapy
- Multiple Sclerosis Certified Specialist
- Physical Therapist, Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Colorado Springs, CO
Registration Fees: $65.00 or $45.00 for ATSU Alumni, Clincal Instructors with ATSU students, or groups of 3 or more from one organization.
Contact Hours: 5 Contact Hours or .5 CEU’s
(Saturday) 8:00 am - 2:00 pm AZ Time
Link emailed prior to start of course.
Physical Therapy Departmentjoannepelton@atsu.edu | 480-265-8035
Comments are closed.