2016 Founder's Day - Manipulative Update Missouri campus Tuition - TBD Course Description The Founder's Day continuing medical education program's primary goal is to
2016 Founder’s Day – Manipulative Update
Tuition – TBD
21+ days prior to activity start date Full tuition refund less the $50 administrative fee
14-21 days prior to activity start date 50% tuition refund less the $50 administrative fee
1-14 days prior to activity start date No tuition refund
ATSU Disclosure Policy: All persons in a position to control the content of an educational activity (i.e., activity planners, CESC, presenters, faculty, authors) participating in an educational activity provided by the ATSU are required to disclose to the provider any relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. ATSU must determine if the individual’s relationships may influence the educational content and resolve any conflicts of interest prior to the commencement of the educational activity. The intent of this disclosure is not to prevent individuals with relevant financial relationships from participating, but rather to provide learners information with which they can make their own judgments.
Disclosure Statement: It is the policy of the ATSU Continuing Education Department to ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all its educational programs. Faculty disclosures will be made in the course syllabus and/or during faculty introductions. The audience is advised that one or more presentations in this continuing education activity may contain references of unlabeled or unapproved uses of drugs or devices.
Resolution/Mechanism of Identified Conflict of Interest: Independent sources of review include the following: All disclosures will be reviewed by the program/course directors, CE Assistant Vice President, or CE Director for identification of conflicts of interest. Reviewers, working with the program directors will document the mechanism(s) for management and resolution of the conflict of interest and final approval of the activity will be documented prior to implementation. Any of the mechanisms below can/will be used to resolve conflict of interest:
- Peer review for valid, evidence-based content of all materials associated with an educational activity by the course/program director
- Limit content to evidence with no recommendations
- Introduction of a debate format with an unbiased moderator (point-counterpoint)
- Inclusion of moderated panel discussion
- Publication of a parallel or rebuttal article for an article that is felt to be biased
- Limit equipment representatives to providing logistics and operation support only in procedural demonstrations
- Divestiture of the relationship by faculty-The reviewer should be a physician or other scientist with knowledge of the specialty area being reviewed and often times the Assistant Vice President of Continuing Education will perform this first review and can then appoint an independent reviewer.-The independent reviewer is not be involved in the planning of this CME Activity and cannot have a relationship with any corporate entity supporting the CME activity.-The reviewer should have a copy of this policy and a copy of the Standards for Commercial Support to fully grasp their responsibilities as the reviewer. Off-Label or Unapproved Use of Drugs or Devices
It is the policy of the ATSU to require the disclosure of all references to off-label or unapproved uses of drugs or devices prior to the presentation of educational content. The audience is advised that this continuing medical education activity may contain reference(s) to off-label or unapproved uses of drugs or devices. Please consult the prescribing information for full disclosure of approved uses.
Disclaimer: The opinions and recommendations expressed by the presenters and planners of educational content in this program are their own and do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of the ATSU.
Consent to Use of Photographic Images: Registration and attendance at or participation in ATSU meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to ATSU’s use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes of such events and activities.
Audio, Video and Photographic Equipment: The use of audio, video and other photographic recording equipment by attendees is prohibited inside ATSU meeting rooms.
Reproduction Permission: Reproduction of written materials developed for this ATSU course is prohibited without the written permission from individual authors and ATSU.
Special Assistance: ATSU complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act §12112(a). If any participant is in need of special assistance or has any dietary restrictions, please see the CE staff at the registration desk or call 660-626-2232 for assistance.
Call the ATSU CE Office at 660.626.2232 for more information.
27 (Thursday) 8:00 am - 29 (Saturday) 5:00 pm
ATSU - Kirksville campus
800 W. Jefferson, Kirksville, MO 63501
Continuing Education660.626.2232 | email@example.com
Comments are closed.